Helping you create, connected
We're on a mission to help creatives connect and thrive in their community.
Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes. No matter the medium, we champion creatives who are:
You have a ceaseless desire to learn and uncover new creative possibilities. With us, your enthusiasm is celebrated.
Kindness grows at the intersection of authenticity and optimism. You want to be a positive force, and we do too.
Adventures are better in good company. You love to put in the effort, and are excited when others join along the way.
Our most frequently asked questions, and their most useful answers.
Where does the word "okrēo" come from?
We believe creativity is deeply entwined with what it means to be human. But being creative isn't a binary property. It ebbs and flows continuously in a cycle, along a gradient. Like the seasons. Or breathing."Okrēo" (pronounced oh-kree-oh) is the word we invented to represent this infinite loop.It started with the Latin word creāre, meaning "to bring into being". Then, we took -krē (the phonetic form of cre- ) and placed an "o" at either end.The resulting word, "okrēo" sounds circular in pronunciation, much like the action it represents.
What is a polycraft?
Prior to starting The Okrēo, we brought creatives of different skills together—often calling them “multi-creative" events. That term was close, but didn’t seem to capture the incredible skillsets many modern creatives have.You may be familiar with the term “polymath”, defined as “a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning”. This was the inspiration for the term “polycraft” which is both a noun and an adjective.polycraft (noun) – A person of wide-ranging creative skills or aptitudes.Example: "You produce music, write stories, and create films? You’re a polycraft!"polycraft (adj.) – The characteristic of having many creative modalities present within a whole.Example: "They have painters, actors, and instrumentalists? That’s a polycraft commmunity!”
Last updated: May 25, 2023
1. Agreement to TermsBy accessing The Okreo LLC’s websites and websites run by or “powered by” The Okrēo (henceforth "Websites"), you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by these terms, please do not use or access the Websites. These Websites include, but are not limited to:• theokreo.com and its subdomains
• createconnected.com and its subdomains
• chatanywhere.co and its subdomains
4. Intellectual PropertyAll content, features, and functionality on the Websites, including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof, are owned by The Okreo LLC, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
6. Limitation of LiabilityTo the fullest extent provided by law, in no event will The Okreo LLC, its affiliates, or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Websites, any websites linked to them, any content on the Websites or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
8. Third-Party ServicesOur Websites may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by The Okreo LLC. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.
Last updated: May 25, 2023
1. IntroductionThe Okreo LLC ("We", "Our", or "Us") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
2. Information We CollectWe may collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including:- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Non-personal identification information (browser type, IP address, etc.)
- Web browser cookies
3. How We Use Your InformationThe information we collect helps us to improve our Websites and deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- Improve our services and Websites' content and layout
- Inform you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
4. Sharing Your InformationWe may share your information with third parties in the following situations:- With service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf.
- For legal purposes: We may disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
5. Third-Party ServicesWe use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Websites. For example, Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
7. User's RightsDepending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. These may include the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information, as well as the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing of your information.
10. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You have the right to:- Know what personal data is being collected about you
- Know whether your personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom
- Say no to the sale of personal data
- Access your personal data
- Request a business delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rightsIf you wish to exercise your rights under CCPA, please contact us at compliance (at) theokreo.com
11. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. These include:- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification, to correct your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information
- The right of restriction, to request that we limit the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability, to receive a copy of the information we have on you
- The right to withdraw consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal informationPlease note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at compliance (at) theokreo.com
12. Age RestrictionsOur services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at compliance (at) theokreo.com